Break the Silence on Ovarian Cancer
Since 1995, the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition (NOCC) has been on a mission to raise awareness and promote education about ovarian cancer. Micro-Scientific is proud to support the NOCC and its commitment to improving the survival rate and quality of life for women with ovarian cancer.
Help us Break the Silence
Currently, there is no accurate test for detecting ovarian cancer. The most effective way a woman can protect herself is to become educated. We encourage all women to learn the signs and symptoms of ovarian cancer and listen to their bodies. While the symptoms are often not acute or intense (particularly in the early stages), they are not silent either.
It whispers, so listen.
Some symptoms of ovarian cancer include:
- Pelvic or abdominal pain or discomfort
- Vague but persistent gastrointestinal upsets such as gas, nausea and indigestion
- Frequency and/or urgency of urination in the absence of an infection
- Unexplained weight gain or weight loss
- Pelvic and/or abdominal swelling, bloating and/or feeling of fullness
- Ongoing unusual fatigue
- Unexplained changes in bowel habits
If symptoms persist for 2 weeks or more and they are unusual for you, consult your physician, gynecologist or health care professional to rule out the possibility of ovarian cancer.
All women are at risk for ovarian cancer. Early detection increases survival rate.
For more information or for any questions regarding ovarian cancer, talk to your doctor or contact NOCC directly –https://ovarian.org or 1-888-OVARIAN.